Monday 7 June 2010

The Jacket (2005)

Directed by John Maybury and starring Adrien Brody and Kiera Knightly, this phycological sci fi thriller is about a man who is wrongly sent to an institution for the criminaly insane. He is mistreated and ends up travelling to the future, only to find out he will die in 4 days. Seeing as I watched it less than 2 hours ago and am already struggling to remember it, isn't a good sign. It was an okay film, with a few twists and turns, but nothing special. I didn't really know much about it, so when I realised it was set in a mental institution, I got my hopes up. I love a great phycological film that challenges the mind, and am really fascinated by prisons and institutions (I'm not sure why). However I was intreaged of the use of so many British actors, I'm not sure why they did this but I did enjoy Daniel Craig's small part, but maybe not Keira Knightly's slightly manish American accent.
xoxo Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment